Monday 20 April 2020

Questions...



Dear Aarush and Aayra,


When I was a kid I was told by my elders to ask questions. Even as a teacher I have always been told by my teachers to ask questions and encourage your students too to ask questions. But let me tell you the truth, it is good to ask questions, even others like them, they give you an idea that people are listening to you but that is not true every time. Questions are really tricky, I am not talking about tricky questions which are HOTS and help you to crack any entrance exam or so, I am saying questions are tricky as when we don't ask them everyone pushes us to ask and if we do, we being told that you ask too many questions. I really didn't get it that asking many questions is a problem or answering many are.

Anyways I learned an important thing here, asking questions is important. Even if you don't get the answers you need. It will unsettle something inside you that you crave to find their answers. Few people try once or twice if they didn't get any answer they let it go but few try harder which makes them achiever, an achiever in life, achiever of inner satisfaction. When we talk about scientists, mathematicians, artists there is one common thing among all and that is, they ask questions to themselves. This is a very important thing to understand that although we can get answers to the questions we have from others but to get the bigger answers one has to ask those deeper questions to himself first. By asking questions I didn't mean to doubt yourself. It means to ask all the deeper questions first to yourself and then look for ways how to get their answers and in the way of finding the answers, you can seek help.

The beauty of asking questions is that it makes you curious. It allows you to jump to those conversations and things that you are not even part of. This allows you gradually to gain knowledge. But beauty comes in all shades. You need to be careful too. One has to be conscious of its surroundings. Asking questions is healthy but to do it with bad intentions or just to offend others is not right. Even how you ask questions is something one should take care of. Asking questions is also an art and asking good questions is an expertise. I remember reading an article a few years back in a local magazine about how to excel in the art of asking questions to your kids. I can't remember the name of the reference but I am sure that the writer was definitely not a parent by then ;p The article kept me thinking that asking questions is actually an art which not only considers the choice of the words we use but how and when to pose the question too.

This applies when you question your self too. By asking questions we can analyze learn and move forward in the face of uncertainty in our lives. But to get the best answer we need to begin with the right question. Sometimes questioning selves enable us to see an old problem in a new light which definitely leads us to a better solution.

So, keep asking questions. Even it annoys me sometimes but I really cherished the way you find your answers one way or the other.

Good Luck!!

This post is a part of Blogchatter’s A2Z challenge, #BlogchatterA2Z  on the alphabet 'Q'. My theme for this challenge is ‘Letters to My Kids, learnings of life I want them to know when they grow up’. You can also look for the same under #jainnehas or @jainneha86 on Instagram and Twitter

Let's know each other more and follow if you like...
You can find my other posts here  A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V X Y Z

4 comments:

  1. You know Neha, when I was little I also used to ask a lot of questions to my elders. My uncle was always my saviour, when others felt reluctant and annoyed for questioning too much, my uncle was always there for me to reply me. Lovely letter. I cherished my childhood. Thanks dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! for reading and writing such good comments eveerytime.

      Delete
  2. Asking questions is very important for any genuine learner.

    ReplyDelete

मुझे तू याद हैं ...

आज हिंदी दिवस पर यह कविता मैंने अपने पिता जी की याद में लिखी है जिन्हे मैंने इसी वर्ष अप्रैल मैं खोया है।  हालाँकि उनका देहांत ४ मई को हुआ प...