Tuesday 7 April 2020

Forgive and Forget



Dear Aarush and Aayra,

Forgiveness...


Forgiveness is a conscious and deliberate decision to release a feeling of resentment towards someone who harmed you. If I understood it correctly in simple words it is to let go. Some say it is an act of kindness. Some say it is forgetting. Some say it is advisable for peace. Some say it is humanity. I don't think they were wrong but I don't agree if it is complete. For me, it is very simple. It is to let go.

Why forgiveness?


There were many times when I felt stuck, helpless.  Again and again, I thought about a few events and a few people, this disturbed me a lot.  My performance in academics drop. Most of the times I was imagining something. I was not happy the way I used to be. Few events affect me deeply. It made me question my own identity. I became angry and not able to control my emotions. At that time someone asked me a few questions. Gave me a few articles to read which made me realize where I was mistaken. I was keeping all the hurt in me which I didn't deserve. I first tried to forgive others, and most importantly myself. but since I was trying I wasn't completely able to do it. so lastly I forgive. Or better to say here let go. Maybe this is all in my head but believe me, it helped I became a new person. I got more control over my emotions as I started understanding them.
Please forgive:
your heart will thank you for this.
you will feel better.
you will feel stronger.
you will understand your mood better.
you will sleep better.
you will be happier.
you will become a better person.

Whom to forgive?


Here I didn't mean that you should forgive everyone no matter what he does so that you will feel better. There should be a filter to decide, which could only be attained by your understanding or your conscience. You cant decide your behavior with someone who lied to you for his or her work to be done and someone who committed a serious crime. Here you will decide with your understanding, your thoughts, and your principles. But I want to tell you that before anyone else you should first forgive yourself. this is where you should start forgiving and let go of all the negativity you have for you in your thoughts. I know it is difficult but the first step is always the most difficult one.


How to forgive?


First of all, you need to understand you are forgiving because you are stronger it is not your weakness. There is a lot of thought process involved in this. you need to put yourselves in other person's shoes. By this, you can understand the circumstances one was in better. face all the emotions you have associated with it. you have to retell the whole story to your mind with a larger perspective now. I know it seems complex. but again the start is difficult. you will definitely be able to do it. just let go of all the negativity and forgive.

Always remember


Forgiveness is not saying:
you have not hurt what others did.
your pain will be gone.
you will be the same you, you were before it happened.
you no longer believe that the other person is responsible.
you accept the other person's behavior.
you share the blame of what happened.
you no longer believe what happened is important.
you will ever forget what happened.
Forgiveness is all about freedom of ourselves from the prison we created around ourselves by thinking way too much about a few negative events that occurred in our lives and let them dissolve all the good that is in our lives. For this to stop we need to learn to let go.
Please let go. Forgive.

Good Luck!! 

This post is a part of Blogchatter’s A2Z challenge, #BlogchatterA2Z  on the alphabet ‘F’. My theme for this challenge is ‘Letters to My Kids, learnings of life I want them to know when they grow up’. You can also look for the same under #jainnehas or @jainneha86 on Instagram and Twitter.
Let's know each other more and follow if you like...

You can find my other posts here  A B C D E G H I J K L M N O P

10 comments:

  1. Forget and forgive is a powerful tool to come to terms with the present and move on with more strength.
    - Pradeep
    https://bpradeepnair.blogspot.com/2020/04/f-for-faith-my-favourite-things-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very hard to forget the unpleasant experience and forgive someone with pure heart. But those who learn it will have a blissful life. We often say to others its okay. I have forgotten but the truth is deep down, its there. Once we understand to free ourselves from that leftover thoughts, we cannot have a peaceful mind. And if our kids are able to develop this trait from an early age then nothing can be better than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish kids do. Thanks for reading and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  3. I feel it is very difficult to forgive and forget. But as the time goes on , one tends to let go but can't forget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let go is important, forget the negativity that associated with it. But one cant forget the event. That's true. You just stop reminding it with forgiveness.

      Delete
  4. There is a lot of wisdom there. Of course children easily forgive. As adults we find it difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a blessing to kids. I wish kids stay the same way as they grow.

      Delete
  5. Just like you, I also feel forgiveness sets us free from the prison of past. Loved the post. I learned many new things from your post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it. It is really great to know that it helped you somehow. Thanks for reading. Thanks for leaving such a nice comment.

      Delete

मुझे तू याद हैं ...

आज हिंदी दिवस पर यह कविता मैंने अपने पिता जी की याद में लिखी है जिन्हे मैंने इसी वर्ष अप्रैल मैं खोया है।  हालाँकि उनका देहांत ४ मई को हुआ प...