Friday 3 April 2020

Chasing Your Dreams




Dear Aarush and Aayra,

One day Aarush came back from school and asked me "mom my teacher wants me to fill in my progress report what I want to be? mom, please tell me what I should be?"
I was honored. I was happy that my opinion mattered but to decide the future for any kids that too at such an early age is not fair to any child. I asked what you want to be. You replied after thinking hard "what if I become a house maker I love to build houses with my blocks or it's better if I become a driver I can drive all cars which I make". That was beautiful because you want me to accompany you on your first drive ever.  I told you to write that only. But when I saw your report card something else was written on it. I asked why you changed it? you told me, ma'am has written few options and asked all the students to write from them. That was very shocking to know how they want to project the image of some professions and being biased. But that day I decided I will definitely give you the chance to explore all the things you can but in the end you will choose what gives you happiness.
Please, my dear kids, chase your dreams do whatever you can to achieve it but I want to tell you a few things:

We always want our dreams to be fulfilled. We want to ride a smooth ride to achieve it. We always want everyone to support and understand. But my kiddos everything is not an easy candy in life. You need to work for it, work even harder to achieve it.
Along your path of chasing and living your dreams,
Will you be scared sometimes? Yes...
Will sometimes discouragement overwhelmed you? Yes...
You should deny your current situation? Never...
You should ask for help? Always...
Thinking upon negatives? Never...
Comparing to others? Only healthy comparisons, learn something good...

Remember the first step is always the hardest. Always plan ahead, but not only plan, work with a plan of action,  it also gives a better light towards the future. Do everything you can to achieve it, put all your hard work. Remember anything you can do, someone else can also do, please be consistent and keep growing. Whatever happened yesterday, learn something good from it, forget about it, work for a new day instead of worrying about it, set new goals. Most importantly never give up!!

But my darling never forget:

Don't let your dreams stop you from loving an amazing life.
Try to be flexible with your dreams.
You can always dream a new dream.

Never compromise with your principles. 

Keep dreaming. Keep chasing.

Good Luck!!


This post is a part of Blogchatter’s A2Z challenge, #BlogchatterA2Z  on the alphabet ‘C’. My theme for this challenge is ‘Letters to My Kids, learnings of life I want them to know when they grow up’. You can also look for the same under #jainnehas or @jainneha86 on Instagram and Twitter.

Let's know each other more and follow if you like...

You can find my other posts here  
A B D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

मुझे तू याद हैं ...

आज हिंदी दिवस पर यह कविता मैंने अपने पिता जी की याद में लिखी है जिन्हे मैंने इसी वर्ष अप्रैल मैं खोया है।  हालाँकि उनका देहांत ४ मई को हुआ प...