Friday 10 April 2020

I and Internet



Dear Aarush and Aayra,

Today I am very happy to write about two strong words in someone's life nowadays 'I' and the 'INTERNET'.  Whether we accept it or not this is the reality of today's world. It is not only kids with your age, its with us too, even our elders, everyone living in this world right now. Nowadays people stop talking as 'me', when we do so, we talk about us as an object. Rather everyone talks as 'I''I' is more of a conscious inner self of a person. This 'I' is a self-centered word, it is not selfish but keeps a person him or herself as a priority. This is actually a positive sign for a better well being of people, for a better future in this world, where there is a lot of pressure on them in many ways. This 'I' sometimes listens, sometimes don't. This 'I' wants to experiment, explore, gain his/her own knowledge, develop own's wisdom. Maybe this 'I' don't listen to any of the elders, don't go to other people for advice physically but seeks all his her answers in a virtual parallel world of INTERNET. This new 'I' asks everything from a new teacher which is the INTERNET. Even so many 'I's:

  • a new mom, asks how to care for their children
  • a new couple asks how to keep their relationship good
  • a new cook asks how to cook food
  • a kid asks how to play games
  • a baby ask a lullaby to sleep
  • an artist asks how to build an art piece
  • a dancer asks how to correct their moves
  • a husband asks how to make her wife smile
  • a mother asks how to be a mom
  • a lady ask how to keep their homes clean 

And god knows how many more such 'I' asks for how many such more things.
All these answers can be provided by a new god INTERNET. I am not complaining. Even I look for my answers, in fact right now too, I found a way to express my views using this god only. Looking for answers is great. But how to ask, what to choose, when to use, whom to apply, everything matters. This is where your understanding comes in real. When the kids are young there is a filter between the internet and the kids, that is their mom or dad or any elder at home. Trust me it's important. While writing this, I still remember the day when Aarush, you were reading a poem on nature and you asked me to look for a few word meanings. Then I suggest you to look for them yourself. Only god knows how I explained to you and answered your hundreds of questions regarding the different meanings of word gay you read from the dictionary on the internet. You were 7 years old then, there is only much I can tell. That day was the day when I decided to be that filter for some more time. Internet is a need. We all need our 'I' time with the internet nowadays with the upcoming lifestyles we have. But it is important to remember:

  • no matter what consider to learn with the physical experiences with real people
  • look, read but validate it yourself
  • always remember reality is not always what's in the virtual world 
  • use the internet wisely
  • there is real risks and dangers involved too with unsupervised usage. So please until the time you are not an adult, use it under the supervision of your parents

Good Luck!!

This post is a part of Blogchatter’s A2Z challenge, #BlogchatterA2Z  on the alphabet 'I'. My theme for this challenge is ‘Letters to My Kids, learnings of life I want them to know when they grow up’. You can also look for the same under #jainnehas or @jainneha86 on Instagram and Twitter.
Let's know each other more and follow if you like...

You can find my other posts here A B C D E F G H J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

6 comments:

  1. Great theme for challenge, today read your first post loved it. great way to share and inspire kids to do right things in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you are right in saying that I and Internet may be the two most important I words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my life right now they really are. Thanks for reading.

      Delete

मुझे तू याद हैं ...

आज हिंदी दिवस पर यह कविता मैंने अपने पिता जी की याद में लिखी है जिन्हे मैंने इसी वर्ष अप्रैल मैं खोया है।  हालाँकि उनका देहांत ४ मई को हुआ प...