Wednesday 8 April 2020

Gratitude and Its Power

Dear Aarush and Aayra,


Today, first I want to thank you for being my children, for being in my life, for being amazing stars of my life.

Gratitude


For me, gratitude is an emotion. It is expressing appreciation, and be thankful to what one has. It is pure. It is generated from within. This cannot be taught. But how to express it could be learned.
As per my understanding gratitude is a process involving four steps. First recognizing, then positive outcome, then identifying the external source of that positive outcome and lastly expressing the gratitude (not always said out loud). This process can be practiced willingly which can help to cultivate gratitude.

Cultivating Gratitude


As I already told you it is kind of a process. one needs to follow all steps to cultivate the gratitude within. For this, you need to start noticing more. you can try:

  • noting down in a journal
  • writing one thing which gives you happiness daily
  • writing all good events that had happened weekly
  • writing thank you notes
  • 'mental subtraction', try to think what it would be like if something positive doesn't happen for a day
  • count you blessings
  • pray and meditate
  • thank one person daily.

Why Is It Important?


It changes you for good. It helps us in many ways. There are many health benefits associated with it that can even surprise you. There are many types of research which support that gratitude can help us in many ways even if we don't share it:

  • it increases happiness and positive mood
  • it improves optimism
  • it helps to build deeper relations
  • it gives better mental and physical health
  • it helps us to be less materialistic
  • it gives us more satisfaction in life
  • it gives us a sight to look for positives first then negatives.

Good Luck!! and Keep Showing Gratitude.

Here I want to show my gratitude to all the people in the world who are fighting, some being in the field, and others by staying at home. Everyone is fighting this 'COVID 19' pandemic together.
Thank You.

This post is a part of Blogchatter’s A2Z challenge, #BlogchatterA2Z  on the alphabet ‘G’. My theme for this challenge is ‘Letters to My Kids, learnings of life I want them to know when they grow up’. You can also look for the same under #jainnehas or @jainneha86 on Instagram and Twitter.
Let's know each other more and follow if you like...

You can find my other posts here A B C D E F H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z



6 comments:

  1. Of course, gratitude is a practice we must all follow. It helps in spreading optimism everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neha! I love to read your letters. Today's letter was such a great piece! Gratitude has its own grace. And I really love the way you are teaching your children these beautiful virtues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for liking. I hope my children will learn these beautiful virtues someday. I can only help them.

      Delete
  3. I feel, the current generation of kids has so much given to them at just a little whim or fancy that gratitude is losing its sheen. A very apt post Neha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! That's true with the current generation.

      Delete

मुझे तू याद हैं ...

आज हिंदी दिवस पर यह कविता मैंने अपने पिता जी की याद में लिखी है जिन्हे मैंने इसी वर्ष अप्रैल मैं खोया है।  हालाँकि उनका देहांत ४ मई को हुआ प...