Thursday 9 April 2020

Honesty and Hypocrisy

Dear Aarush and Aayra,

Today is the 9th of April. Exactly 10 years before you came into my life. Happy Birthday my dear Aarush. I can't believe you are ten years old now. today I want to write about something which I appreciate in you a lot, and I learned it from you again. HONESTY.
It is not only me, but all of your teachers also say the same. Whenever I met them the very first thing they told me about you is how much they appreciate your honesty. Believe me, those were few of many moments that make me proud, because of which, you always earn books from your book fair even if I told you to not to buy more that day. I always say "you earned it, so I can't say no to you today".
I want to tell you, baby, please never change. Honesty is something that seems like you are born with. I am not saying that you don't lie. But you are the one who immediately tells me that you are lying, and then tells me the whole truth always. Which is great. Honesty is an expensive virtue. I wish your sister also learn this from you somehow.
“Superstition and hypocrisy have ample wages, but truth goes a-begging.”
-Martin Luther
To understand what you have sometimes you need to understand the opposite too. Dishonesty or what people generally call such behavior is HYPOCRISY. To pretend to be someone they are not. It could be in terms of physical appearance or thoughts, or behavior. 
The more transparency an honest person has the more opaqueness is what a hypocritical person shows. They both are opposite. But you need to understand that every person who lies not always hypocritical. Hypocrisy is much more than the difference between someone's behavior and words. On occasion, the environment that surrounds us forces us to do the act hypocritically. Every day we are forced to survive in a complex social setting. Almost without even noticing, sometimes, we end up doing things that do not harmonize with our principles, with our ideas or convictions. Hence we cannot exclusively blame the hypocrite for their behavior. I am not justifying the hypocritical act here. I am just trying to reason one or a few things which could help us to understand their behavior and act.
Honesty is generally a non-negotiable quality. And I can say this because I have seen you so many times to be so rigid towards someone's hypocritical behavior. When necessary an honest person can make compromises regarding intelligence, disposition, or other character flaws but they simply refuse to deal with someone who is perceived to be hypocritical. But like this, it will be difficult to live in a social space peacefully. You need to accept the other face of society too. I am not telling you to change, but to deal with it and others.

Remember:

Please don't reinforce: Everyone has the right to live, to say, to express. But you need to decide how to go in a conversation with someone. Don't reinforce their behavior. Don't indulge in deep conversations with them.
Accept and respect: Accept that both coexists. You need to understand you can't impose your values on others. Respect yourself and respect them also. Let them be what they want to be but don't let them differ your sphere of beliefs.
Renounce your values: We spend a lot of time in an environment full of hypocrisy. It is common to get an influence that can change our behavior. Remember your values and principles and defend them no matter if other approves or not.
Way out: Initiate a process of reflection. An image of self in a mirror never lies. It could save you from solidifying hypocrisy.
Adequate space: Create an adequate space for self-preservation. Write what you belives in and where your goodness lies. So that you can never fall into the unhealthy trait for hypocrisy.
Be true to yourself, honest to yourself first. This is the best thing one can do for himself. And be flexible towards other's behavior if you fell that hypocritical.

Good Luck!!

This post is a part of Blogchatter’s A2Z challenge, #BlogchatterA2Z  on the alphabet ‘H’. My theme for this challenge is ‘Letters to My Kids, learnings of life I want them to know when they grow up’. You can also look for the same under #jainnehas or @jainneha86 on Instagram and Twitter.
Let's know each other more and follow if you like...

You can find my other posts here A B C D E F G I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

8 comments:

  1. /Some very sound wisdom bytes for the coming generation. Keep the kind words coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the whole letter, Neha, but I learned a lot from your Remember part. They're lessons not only for Aarush and Aayra, but for me too. Thanks for sharing dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really look forward to your kind comments in my posts. It keeps me going.

      Delete
  3. Honesty is indeed a wonderful quality to impart to you children, and often the hardest to imbibe. Lovely post!
    www.nooranandchawla.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honesty surely is wonderful. Thanks for such nice comments.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant post! Full of EQ! Loved the way you have woven in teaching tips for kids. Thank you for writing this one! Looking forward to reading all your posts this A2Z season.
    #DiaryOfAnInsaneWriter #BlogchatterA2Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and posting such nice comments.

      Delete

मुझे तू याद हैं ...

आज हिंदी दिवस पर यह कविता मैंने अपने पिता जी की याद में लिखी है जिन्हे मैंने इसी वर्ष अप्रैल मैं खोया है।  हालाँकि उनका देहांत ४ मई को हुआ प...